Cartmel is a village in Cumbria, England, situated just over 2 miles north-west of Grange-over-Sands and close to the River Eea.
The village was once known as Kirkby in Cartmel, as it was the location of the church for the large parish of Cartmel. It is the location of the 12th-century Cartmel Priory.
The village has more recently become known as the "home of sticky toffee pudding", which can be purchased in various sizes from the Cartmel Village Shop. Its racecourse hosts popular meetings two or three times a year, traditionally in Whit Week. The ancient parish was traditionally known as the Land of Cartmel - an area quite separate from the Furness peninsula. Holker Hall, associated with the Cavendish family and the Dukes of Devonshire, is located within the original boundaries of the parish.
The village is served by the nearby Cark and Cartmel railway station opened in 1857 by the Ulverston and Lancaster Railway and which is currently served by the Furness Line.